“The mission of the Coastal Quilters Guild is to stimulate an interest in the art of quilt making, education in the art, techniques and traditions of quilting and to encourage outreach programs that give back to the community.”
– Coastal Quilters features adult workshops on the third Saturday of each month except December. Meetings are held 9:30-2:00 at the Scotty Culp Auditorium, 565 Cassia Blvd., Satellite Beach.
– Hugs & Stitches is a community sewing event which produces quilts for Brevard’s homeless elementary students and foster care children.
– Kids Quilt Camp is an annual June event for students ages 10 and up.
Membership is open to anyone committed to our mission. Annual dues are $25. For membership: a $25 check made out to Coastal Quilters and mailed to Treasurer, Claire Tyler, 3525 Manassas Ave, Melbourne, FL, 32934
– Extra stars in your tiara for assisting Brevard kids!
– Enhanced skills resulting from the workshops
– Opportunities for special quilt events
– Camaraderie with a wonderful group of caring quilters
Coastal Quilters Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Officers for 2021
- Susan Halford, President
- Jeanne Tremblay, VP – Programs
- Marta Horlick, VP – Membership
- Claire Tyler, Treasurer
- Kathy Van Pelt, Secretary
- Kathy Van Pelt & Claire Tyler, Special Events Coordinators